I have been hesitating to create this list for a very very long time. I used to have a separate notebook to write ideas and dreams, yet nobody had ever seen it. In other words, there is no proof it ever existed.
How bad it is to keep telling people to dream and achieve what they desire but could not keep track my own record. Reaching goals is always very very inspirational. But without a good way to remind myself about what I have made, most the passions go away very soon too.
So, here is my dreams, I will list them here, and update frequently. If you ever read this post, don’t forget to count the length of this list and the amount of crossed ones (finished ones) It can be inspirational to do so, I think.
My Wonderful Dreams
- Found a serious start-up.
- Buy a business.
- Sell a business.
- Have a unique wedding.
- Have a happy marriage.
- Be a millionaire.
- Be a multi-millionaire.
- Own a hill
- Create a library.
- Get featured on a magazine.
- Be a DTM.
- Campaign for an election: Campaigned for Division Director position, stories shared on this blog.
- Perform a stand-up show.
- Get a corporate job.
- Got promoted to mid-level manager: Was elected Toastmasters Division C Director. Still working for a promoted position.
- Have a body that I can be proud of.
- Learn martial art.
- Learn dancing.
- Own electric car.
- Own self-driving car.
- Drive my own cessna.
- Have good mentors.
- Be a good mentor.
- Artwork get featured in an exhibit/gallery.
- Publish a book and make profit selling it.
- Play a musical instrument.
- Speak 3rd language.
- Speak 4th language.
- Travel Vietnam. Lào Cai, Hà Nội, Bắc Ninh, Ninh Bình, Huế, Đà Nẵng, Quảng Nam, Bình Định, Phú Yên, Khánh Hòa, Ninh Thuận, Bình Thuận Bà Rịa, Đồng Nai, Tây Ninh, Lâm Đồng, Đồng Tháp, Cần Thơ, An Giang,
- Travel the world. Singapore (May 2015), Canada (Jun 2015), Cambodia (Aug 2016), Korea (Sep 2016).
- Visit all U.S. National Parks
- Go skydiving.
- Fly on a hot air balloon.
- Go hang-gliding.
- Travel to outer space.
- Do charity. Currently on Kiva.
- Be a Toastmaster District Director
- Achieve Distinguished Division
- Achieve Division Director of The Year
- Become a Property Manager
- Win a Speech Contest at Division Level
- Win a Speech Contest at District Level
- Compete at International Convention
- Rank top 10 globally, anything, again
- Do a TEDx speech
- Have kids
- Be a good daddy
- Father/Daughter dance
Crossed out items
Have non-Vietnamese close friends. Several from NU.
- Be a public figure. Sponsell, 2013
Date a foreign girl :”)Never did, yet get engaged already.But she does look foreign.
- Own a house. Sep. 2015
- Drive on a road trip. Drove from Westminster to San Francisco in Feb 2015
- Got accepted to a Master program. Graduated from NU in Jan 2016
- Be a public speaker. Got paid for giving speech in 2013 and 2014
- Become US citizen. Well done! Jun 2015
- Win a Triple Crown. Jun 2016
- Be a Toastmaster Club President. Jun 2016
- Learn project management. Done the HPL in Jun 2016
- Romantically propose to a girl. Jan 2017
- Go to gym. Feb 2017
- Rank #1 globally, anything. Reverse Word Search Oct. 2013
- Win a Speech Contest at Area Level. #2 at Area C-2 Evaluation Contest, Feb. 2018